Low cost automobile insurance is the goal for most families, particularly if teen drivers are in the picture. The more you know automobile insurance the more likely you will be able to make the necessary decisions that lead to low cost automobile insurance and therefore picking the right car insurance for you. Here are some common questions about car insurance that seem to confuse many drivers.
- Do I need an agent or broker to help with car insurance? Any driver willing to do a little research can find low cost automobile insurance. There’s no doubt that insurance agents have expertise in the area and can be helpful. But remember that direct agents are working for only the company you called. That means they are not likely to suggest that their company’s insurance isn’t best for you. Independent brokers can represent a number of companies and can be extremely helpful as well. But there are no secrets with car insurance and individuals can get quotes over the phone or online and end up with low cost automobile insurance.
- Is anyone who drives my car protected? For the most part, the answer is yes. As long as someone is driving your car with your permission, they are protected under your insurance coverage. However, if live with your girlfriend and let her use your car, she will not be covered because insurance companies will require her to be included as part of the coverage.
- How much coverage do I need? This is a fairly complicated question and the answer varies for every person as the car insurance costs are calculated differently for everyone. Part of the answer is you can only get the insurance you can afford. In most states, there is a minimum amount of liability coverage every driver must maintain. Beyond that, you should set liability limits to levels that you believe will be sufficient to pay off most claims, and will be something you can afford. If the liability limits, which pay for bodily injuries and property damage in accidents that you cause, aren’t high enough to handle a claim, you can be personally sued for the difference. The same goes for deductibles, which can be set to $1,000 or $1,500 to save the most money. But you can’t do that if you can’t afford to pay the deductible in the event of a claim.
- Is insurance mandatory? In a word, yes. There are different penalties around the country, and the penalty is different if you are caught for a minor driving violation without insurance, as opposed to creating an accident without insurance. But you can face fines, penalties, loss of driving privileges and even risk jail time.
- Can I do anything to lower the cost of insurance? One great way to get low cost automobile insurance is to stay out of accidents and avoid tickets, and also to get several quotes on insurance as this will help you to narrow down the possibilities of the best policy. As described above, drivers can choose higher deductibles or lower liability limits in an effort to get cheaper insurance. Drivers can also refuse certain coverage, such as rental or emergency roadside services for low cost automobile insurance. Collision and comprehensive coverage can also be refused, but that would leave you without any coverage to repair your vehicle in an accident that was your fault.
Related Terms: How Much Car Insurance, Auto Insurance Quote Online, How To Get Cheap Insurance, Cheap Car Insurance, Car Insurance, Car insurance Quote, Car Insurance Quotes, Auto Insurance, Auto Insurance Quotes, Car Insurance Online, Auto Insurance Online